Sunday, February 5, 2017

Double speed audio

For this assignment, I created an audio of getting gas. I started with music, turned off my car, and then began the process of searching in my purse for my wallet, paying, unscrewing the car novel, filling up the car, and cleaning my car out while waiting for the car to fill up. Once I was finished, I closed the cap, buckled my seatbelt, started the car, let some music play again and then ended the audio clip.


The process of creating this strip of audio in double speed was extremely difficult for me, and I’m grateful for the practice. I’m not the best with technology quite yet, so to even get an audio clip from my phone to my laptop was a big step for me. At first I tried to find an app that I could use on my phone to speed up my audio, but that setting required more money than I was willing to pay for one assignment. From there, I tried to upload my audio from my phone, put it into my ITunes, and synch that to my phone. (Again, this was MAJOR PROGRESS for me.) Nothing was working so I then tried to find an app on my laptop but those apps were extremely expensive. From here I might have shed a tear in frustration….then inspiration from above came when the thought of using IMovie happened. I was able to use a setting to speed up the process, save the file, create a sound cloud account, and upload my audio to that. It was difficult, but I’m very proud of myself!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to work thru the complications. How could you encourage your future students in engaging in this same kind of trial and error learning?

    ReplyDelete