Saturday, February 25, 2017

Game for Change

PLAY MY GAME: http://philome.la/carlyhorse222/socks-vs-sandals


Here are the different sites that I found for the controversy of socks vs. sandals

A Big No-N0

People are still deciding. Vote!

#7 is in for the kill

Since WHEN IS THIS OKAY?!

The Fashion Police Have Spoken


Instagram has joined in on this as well:

1. It's a major no.

2. Is this a thing?

3. BRB. Heading to the store to buy some fashion magazines

I believe that this was one of my most favorite assignments that we have done so far! I loved the reading and the game that we were asked to play to prepare for class last Wednesday. I am a visual learner, so anything that is hands on or creative in any way helps me learn SO much better. Just sitting and reading a text book is good, but I cannot hold that information as long as I can remember playing a game or how I was feeling that I was being chased down for trying to get some water for my family. After playing, I had the DESIRE to go and learn more about the subject. 

I think that creating games would really help some students learn better, and for those that is doesn't help, reading a book or article may be the way to help them. For my sources, I knew that there was not going to be a scholarly article about it, so I decided to see what trends were out there and look on instagram and other social media platforms to find information on the subject. I honestly didn't even know the answer to this, so it was fun to research and find out the new real answer in the fashion world. Many of my friends have been wearing socks and sandals and I just always thought they looked so silly, but it really is the new thing! I tried to view myself as a teenager and make the quiz seem more relaxing rather than intense. I tried to keep the lingo and questions more fun and use examples that they would be able to recognize. All in all, this was a great assignment and I'm excited to use it with my own students some day.











1 comment:

  1. Nice work! Why did you think of your audience as teenagers, and how did that change the way you presented it?

    ReplyDelete