After thinking about the example that was given in the
article that we read about dancing in different places, I decided that for this
assignment, I would create a medium out of moments.
I came up with this idea by pretending that Ms. Cage was asking
me certain questions such as:
-What do you like to do//see?
-What kind of medium would explain
who you are?
With those types of questions in mind, I decided to use
Snapchat to create one second photos of moments of my weekend. For one, I enjoy
taking pictures and remembering past moments/memories. I also struggle at times
with living in the moment and enjoying the journey; therefore, I felt that this
would be a good way to help me not only focus on noticing moments around me to
take a picture of it, but to also just enjoy this little moment as well. Although
you can have a picture last up to ten seconds on your Snapchat story, I decided
to only use one second photos to symbolize that moments are fleeting and can disappear
if not documented, or held onto as a strong memory. I sometimes don’t even
realize how I’m in college, back from my mission, and married, when I still
think it’s my senior year of 2012. Time is precious and this project helped me
see that if we don’t appreciate the time that we are given, and make the most
of it, it will disappear—just like our Snap stories.
Thanks for sharing. Did meaningful conversation about the project arise from friends and family who saw your story?
ReplyDelete